LEGO Harry Potter is officially back! Well, it will be this summer when LEGO releases 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall for $99.99 USD.
There is a LOT to be excited about here. The LEGO Harry Potter theme was wildly successful, and this time it looks even better. This is only the first model in the theme, and it is rumored there will be a series of Happy Potter Collectible Mini Figures!
I am LOVING some of the new pieces I see:
- 2×2 lattice window inserts
- 1×1 tan pyramid bricks on the walls
- those tan spires along the roof line. (though in some pictures, they are clearly black.
I have BIG plans for those pieces!
LEGO Harry Potter
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall
878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018
Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!
Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.
- Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures.
- Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower.
- The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot
- The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes.
- Also includes a boat with hanging lantern.
- Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle.
- Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions.
- Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses!
- Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.
- Use the magic wands to pitch Harry against Draco in the Dueling Club!
- Swoop Fawkes into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent.
- Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture.
- Turn Quirinus Quirrell into Lord Voldemort by rotating his head!
- Recreate iconic scenes from the Harry Potter movies.
- Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider.
- Hogwarts Great Hall measures over 14” (37cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.
What are your thoughts on the return of LEGO Harry Potter?
I am an Adult Fan of LEGO (AFOL) and an active member of the Michigan LEGO User Group (MichLUG). I have loved LEGO for as long as I can remember. I am currently working on the following models:
– UCS Millenium Falcon
– Emmett’s Apartment Building
– Gringott’s Bank