And it’s awesome looking! I have a fascination with trains that I can’t quite explain. I don’t have a desire to have a huge train layout, or even to motorize them, but I do love the Lego trains. I’ve bought several of them here and there. I think I really like the size and scale of them. And I feel they use the latest and greatest building techniques. You can learn a LOT about building from these Lego train sets.
This picture shows how awesome this set would look if you combined two of them. I probably won’t go that far, but might pick up a second engine. Lego really should consider selling them individually.
As we’ve come to expect, this Lego train has a very detailed interior. It looks like there is even a bar and bartender…
Excellent assortment of included minifigures.
Here’s the official word from Lego:
Ages 14+. 1,351 pieces.
Build the ultimate high-speed LEGO® passenger train!
US $129.99 CA $149.99 DE 99.99€ UK 79.99 £ DK 899.00 DKK
Fly down the track in the Horizon Express! Collect this highly detailed LEGO® interpretation of a modern, high-speed electric passenger train! The detailed body features black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, printed windscreen and brick-built doors. Remove the roof to play inside 2 detailed passenger cars! Steer from the front engine car with, a control panel and brick-built electrical box! Then take to the tracks in luxury with the first-class car’s seats, luggage, newspapers, computer screen and even a bathroom with sliding door! The rear car features a bar with hinged counter, tables for the passengers with seats, a coffee machine, cups and bottles. For the ultimate high-speed experience, attach a second Horizon Express model, or motorize it by adding LEGO Power Functions! Hard-to-find elements include orange LEGO bricks (including 6×28 chassis plate) and printed tiles.
- Includes 6 minifigures: female train engineer, male train steward, 2 female passengers and 2 male passengers
- Features 3 train cars, detailed engine room, printed windscreen, black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, seats, a bathroom with sliding door, bar with hinged counter and tables with seats
- Accessories include luggage, newspapers, computer screen, coffee machine, cups and bottles
- Discover sideways building techniques!
- Ride the rails in high-speed LEGO® style!
- Upgrade your model by adding LEGO Power Functions 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, 8887 Transformer 10V DC, 8884 IR Receiver, 8879 IR Speed Remote Control, 88002 Train Motor and 8870 Lights
- Train measures 31″ (79cm) long
I know I’ll be adding this gem to my collection!