As much as I hate to say it, the 2016 Winter Village release is another disappointment for me. The LEGO Winter Holiday Train doesn’t look good, and certainly isn’t worth the money to me. This is two years in a row I will not be buying one.
I really don’t have much to say about this one. I want a train for my Winter Village display, but I think I’ll stick with my Emerald Night until I build my Polar Express. What do you think of the LEGO Winter Holiday Train set?
Form the official press release:
10254 LEGO Winter Holiday Train
Ages 12+. 734 pieces.
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Climb aboard the magical Winter Holiday Train!
Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building fun with this charming model featuring a full circle of track, boarding platform with bench and lamppost, a Power Functions upgradable train engine with brick-built smoke bellowing from its stack, coal tender, flatbed wagon with a rotating holiday tree, toys and gifts, and a red caboose with a detailed interior and table. The train engine also features large and small red-colored locomotive wheels and the train is decorated with green wreathes, string lights and white tree elements. This LEGO® Creator Expert set includes 5 minifigures.
• Includes 5 minifigures: a locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, boy and a girl.
• The Winter Holiday Train includes 16 curved pieces of track, engine, coal tender, flatbed wagon with holiday tree, toys and gifts, caboose, boarding platform, bench and a lamppost.
• Decorate the tree and drive the train to see the tree rotate.
• Join the ticket collector in the cozy caboose for a delicious cup of cocoa.
• Includes dual building instructions for a perfect family build.
• Accessory elements include green wreathes, decorative lights and white tree pieces, plus wrapped gift elements and tiny brick-built toys, including a micro train, wind-up car, fire truck, remote controlled robot, sailboat and a spaceship.
• Upgrade with LEGO® Power Functions (not included) for a motorized engine.
• Special elements include small and large red train wheels, dark tan windows, train buffers, cow catcher, white tree elements and roller skates.
• This set includes over 700 LEGO® pieces, including 16 curved tracks.
• The Holiday Train in total measures over 4” (12cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
• Curved rail track diameter measures over 27” (70cm).
Check out more on The Brothers Brick photostream.
I am an Adult Fan of LEGO (AFOL) and an active member of the Michigan LEGO User Group (MichLUG). I have loved LEGO for as long as I can remember. I am currently working on the following models:
– UCS Millenium Falcon
– Emmett’s Apartment Building
– Gringott’s Bank